Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th!!

Today is the 4th of July, the day we celebrate our independence from the BritishBeing an American citizen truly is something to be proud of and I am fortunate to be able to celebrate this day with my children living in the home of the free and the brave.

What better way to commemorate this holiday than to adorn the door to our home with a wreath representative of our stars and stripes??


I created it using the Stampin' Up! June My Paper Pumpkin kitThe kit came with supplies to make 24 pinwheels, red and white straws, and tags.  Perhaps if you're hosting a party this is great, but I chose to make this wreath instead.  My spring wreath had seen better days and I figured my door needs to look pretty too (insert happy face)!  I bought a styrofoam wreath and found some awesome denim ribbon at Hobby Lobby, had some leftover glimmer paper, and used the new star punch from the itty bitty accents punch set.  I got my hot glue gun out and started putting everything together.  Once I was done,  I hung it on the door using some red ribbon (retired - sorry, I would have used our cherry cobbler grosgrain ribbon, but I didn't have any).



I love the versatility of the My Paper Pumpkin kits.  You can get subscriptions for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months and the best part - you can cancel at any time.  I hope this inspires you to get crafty!

I hope you and your family have a great 4th of July holiday, whether it's crafting or BBQing, be safe and have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment