Thursday, July 10, 2014

Creative Challenge Club 03: It's a butterfly kind of day!

It's Thursday, my fun-day!  We're on a modified schedule at work and we have 3 day weekends during most of the summer, so today is my Friday!!  And of course last night I did something I should never do. Never.  I stayed up late... stampin'...  So today I feel like I'm walking around in a fog. with bags under my eyes. SO WORTH IT!! 

I love the sketches that are being thought up over at the Creative Challenge Club!  Every Monday there's a new sketch to inspire, but it usually takes me a couple of days to get inspired and find the time to make what pops up in my head.  This was the sketch for the week:

I immediately thought of making a flip card, but I just couldn't find the time to make it work (insert sad face).  However, I did come up with this:




I absolutely love the Ray of Sunshine stamp set.  I have found myself using it in a lot of the cards that I've been making lately.  AND I L-O-V-E the new Park Lane DSP!  I used it for the panel and the three "labels" behind the butterflies.  Oh the butterflies...  I love them more now than before because I saw how they look colored in with the blendies!!!  The great thing about this card is that if you are inspired to create anything with any of the supplies I used, Stampin' Up! is having a buy 3, get 1 free sale on the Designer Series Paper (Park Lane is one of them) until the end of July - AND the blendabilities (blendies) markers are now available for purchase (certain color families only).  The colors I used are available, so you can at least start with those!  I used the Cherry Cobbler set and the bronze tone from the skin tone assortment on the larger of the 3 butterflies, and the Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight sets on the smaller ones. 

TIP: Here's something I absolutely love about the blendies and you might, too.  As I was coloring in the smaller butterflies, I realized I hadn't left enough "light" areas where I wanted to add the lighter shade of the Daffodil Delight marker.  But I went over that area anyway, and it was still able to add the brightness I wanted... without mixing colors (it's because they're alcohol-based, so don't try these with your other water-based markers or you'll end up with a completely different color you might not like)... I LOVE these markers...

I stamped the sentiment using the new 2014-16 In Color markers

 
It's not the flip card I envisioned, but I 'm super happy with the way it came out!
 
Hope you enjoyed today's share, happy stampin'!
'Til next time,
Toodles (you're going to start thinking that's my name....)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment