Thursday, May 15, 2014

New cards to share!!

Hello all... Just as I mentioned in my earlier post from this week, I have a couple of cards that I would love to share with you.  But first, a little background story (you might want to get used to this, I usually have a background story for everything). 

I started making cards just last June.  I had started a new job and one day, I noticed a stack of beautiful cards on the desk of one of the other admin's (not that I look at other people's desks or anything, it's just that she's right at the entrance... anyway, I digress).  I had to ask her where she got them, and that's when she told me that she'd made them herself and that she belonged to a monthly stamp club that got together on the first Tuesday of the month to create beautiful cards.  When she saw the look on my face - you can only imagine, eyes wide open, mouth dropped to the floor, excitement emanating - and before she finished asking if I wanted to go to the one happening the next night, I'd already answered, "YES!" before she'd even finished asking... 

And that's when it started, this addiction to my newfound hobby.  Fueled by my need to get a moment to myself to just do something fun for ME, I found the stamp club was the perfect thing, the one thing I needed to decompress and forget for a second of all the other things that pull me in different directions and just be me.  Just me and paper, ink, stamps, and rhinestones (believe me, I will look for any excuse to "bling up" ANY card with rhinestones)... Even if it was only once a month... Then I started asking questions and wanting to learn more so I could do more (that's just in me, I was probably the most curious cat in a past life..) and Cindee (as in Cindee Wilkinson from justspongeit) welcomed the curiosity and became an amazing teacher!  I decided to become a demonstrator myself and now I look for ANY opportunity to do some stampin'.  As a demo, I got the opportunity to attend the Catalog Premiere in Sacramento with what seemed like a thousand other demos in the area and we got a to see the new catalog and received a new stamp set to play with...  I was jumping for joy! And this is what I made...

My mom loved tulips and one of the brush stroke stamps looks like a tulip to me so I decided to make this tulips card...  Just for my momma...


All prettied up with a filter for instagram:

 
And I couldn't stop!  I was so excited! (and I just couldn't hide it... inside joke, shout out to my sis) and I made this card:
 
 
(bananas and spices in the background, hey I'm still learning...)



This Saturday, I'll be attending a meeting with other demos and swapping cards.  I've decided to create a version of the tulip card.. I'll share it with you guys next week..

Although this stamp set won't be available for ordering until June 2, check out all the other beautiful sets currently available on the online store, and don't forget to look for me as your demo...

Is there a hobby you enjoy doing?  Something you've become addicted to?

Til next time!
Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment