Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Cheer or Bah-Humbug??

HELLOOOOO!!!  Wow, I hadn't realized that I hadn't blogged in over two months - INSANE!  It's been a very busy time for me, as I have been working toward my teaching credential, working, loving my 2 babies, AND trying to dedicate more time to my love for crafting.  NOT easy, and incredibly tiring, but I'm sure you didn't come here to read about how tired I am.  As I type this, I'm taken back to Bonnie Thurber's presentation at Convention and how she talked about "the doldrums" and how it's a cycle.  Well guess what, I'VE BEEN THERE!  I'm hoping to be in the "getting out" of them stage and get back to cheer instead of bah-humbug!  Because really, who needs a Scrooge in their home for Christmas??  NOT I...

I've been trying to cram as much as I can into the little free time that I've had, including sleep time (cuz seriously, who needs sleep, right?!  It's so overrated!).  The last 2 weekends I've gone to my first ever holiday boutiques, where I had a table with some of my things.  I've met some really nice people and I'm hoping that next year, with all the BEAUTIFUL things slated to come in the Occasions catalog for Sale-A-Bration, I'll be busy with workshops and spreading my love for Stampin' Up!  These are just some of the things I've been working on... 

 
Gotta love a cute red-nosed reindeer.  Like his antlers?  They're made with the Autumn Accents die (you're welcome!) and the Curvy Keepsake Ornament Thinlit.
 
 
My display table...  It looks so OFFICIAL!
 
 
Joy card using the beautiful Filigree frame embossing folder and the Wonderful Wreath Framelits both from the 2014 Holiday catalog.
 
 
I love this stamp set! It's the White Christmas Photopolymer stamp set.  The sentiment is from the oh-so-popular Endless Wishes Photopolymer stamp set and I framed it using my fave, Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper cut using the Deco Labels framelits.
 
 
Lastly, one of my great friends from work asked me to create a card for someone leaving as a "congrats for a new job" gift.  I immediately thought about this stamp set, Banner Blessings.  It is one of SU!'s newest sets and it is fast becoming one of my favorite stamp sets.  Who wouldn't love to be told to shine as bright as the stars?!  Love the gold glimmer paper banner peeking out from underneath!  My friend loved it and so did the recipient! 
 
As you can see, I've managed to squeeze in some stampin' time for myself.  It is what keeps me sane and centered....
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope I inspired you to take a break from your busy life to just create some pretty paper things...
 
Until next time (promise it won't be two months)!

No comments:

Post a Comment