Monday, June 30, 2014

Busy little bee.. or butterfly I should say!

Hello everyone in blogland, I have been M.I.A. for the last two weeks, but I have definitely not been kicking back drinking lemonade while laying in a hammock and listening to the birdies chirping away while I read the latest Dan Brown book (can you tell what I'd rather be doing??)...

No, I have been busy trying to get back to the promise I made to myself to make something pretty at least once a month.  But like I said in my last post, I could NOT even think of creating anything every time I looked at my pile of beautiful papercrafting supplies.  Just so you know what I'm talking about, here's a picture of what I looked at every time a design popped into my head.  (I'm so embarrassed to show this, but it must be done...)

This is in our office...






And the closet in our office...


About 3 months ago, on one of my online "treasure hunts," I found an awesome, gently used Ikea Expedit bookshelf.  I knew it would be perfect for my supplies.  I had been looking at and pinning some beautiful crafting spaces on Pinterest and it was exactly what I was hoping for (I even did a little dance when I found it)..


I initially wanted to have it fit into our tiny office, but there was no way it would've fit..  Then my husband suggested the garage (banished to the garage where my daughter's easel, paints, and markers live.  You know, the messy stuff!) and I was ok with it.  Then summer came... with the heat!!  There was no way I'd be able to even think of putting anything in the garage and actually wanting to play.  Unless I did it in the middle of the night, ummmm NO..  Then my husband suggested I wait until we got a bigger house...

You can imagine the look on my face immediately after hearing this...

I finally got so fed up of looking at my pile, and the lightbulb went off.  Why not set up in a corner of my kids' playroom????  Not the ideal location, considering I wasn't interested in having little hands wanting to play with mommy's toys, but that was the only option.  Either that or waiting to win the lotto so we could buy a bigger house.

(We don't play lotto...)  

So finally, on a day off, and tired of waiting for my husband to have a day off available to build the massive thing for me, I DID IT!!  Three hours and a bucket of sweat later, with the help of my neighbor, I was able to pick it up off the floor and against the wall and start ORGANIZING!! My daughter was overjoyed when I asked her to help me organize (she got her daddy's organizing gene!) and this is what now greets me when the mood to create strikes...



I love my craft space!  And I already broke it in!  I'll be sharing some projects with you tomorrow...

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment